Monday, March 16, 2015

22: The Nutrition Quest

Well, it's time to address the dreaded issue of food.

I love great food.  I'm a foodie spoiled by farm to table restaurants.  I adore deep sea fish and Hawaiian fusion cuisine.  Unfortunately, none of those things exist in Prescott, Arizona.

Thank God for Chef Stephen & Chef Paul at Nastee Dogs, however.  They have a HUGE Kickstarter party tmrw at 5pm, St. Paddy's Day!

With the exception of outstanding hot dogs, there's not much here (oh, there are some good places, but if they aren't a client of mine I'm not mentioning them) and I'm not a big fan of cooking.

Because no one likes to do dishes in our house, and I refuse to buy a new dishwasher when the teenagers are perfectly capable.
So, I eat when I'm hungry.  Like at 3pm.  For the first time of the day (sans my morning cup of joe.)

Which means I'm like this quite often.


Which apparently means my body is in:

I'm not certain that's real...yet.


So today, I met with my health coach, Jim Turner.

Hmmm.  My face is kinda fat.  This was three weeks ago.

He's teaching me to unthink all my bad, not eating food habits and to think of food as fuel.

I'm partial to rocket fuel, myself.

It was only our first meeting, so he gave me a reading assignment and an invitation to do get my BMI done (body mass index.). I agreed, but went for a hike first.

I was still mad about stuff (I'm not good at letting stuff go, you may have noticed my obsessive hatred of exercise, for example.)  I was so mad I decided to hike the hike I hate the most:  the steep side of Thumb Butte on #33.

Becky chose the path to the left.


I hate this hike.

This is totally faked, but pretty telling of my loathing.

Air monster lives here.

We started up, I stopped to stretch my calves.  That didn't count as a stop.  Air monster announced his presence, I stopped and waited until he left.  Darth Vader starts demanding to know where are the plans he sent me.

That's what my text tone is.  Sometime I tell him I've received no transmissions.

It was hard texting while hiking, so I stopped to answer it.  Then another text. And another.  

Is it a coincidence Ian can drive and text since he was not hiking?  Hmmm.

Tracy was much kinder in her texts.  She sent me this:

I gave her a shout out on Facebook for it.

Our hike was actually rather uneventful, and dare I say, almost pleasant?

I did stop to read history.  It's important.

Becky stopped to show off the green grass.


All in all, we were SHOCKED to find ourselves at the top 21 minutes after we left.

Granite is in the distance -our planned Thursday hike.

We only stopped three times to catch our breath.  The other three times were to answer texts, take photos and stretch.  (Maybe we stopped more than just three times.)

It was a very good hike.

My mood had improved remarkably, and we got done in record time (who knew I could get faster.)  I headed off to sit in a pod in my undies.

No picture of that, folks.  Move along, move along.

Turns out my BMI is a whopping 31%, meaning I have excess fat and should drop 19lbs to have an ideal BMI.

I told Jim that morning I wanted to weigh 140lbs.  He thought that thin for my height.  After the pod, the computer said I should weigh between 139-141lbs.  

That's B I N G O!
19lbs, eh?  Eat six times a day as fuel, NOT a diet? (Nope-no diet for me, just a change in when I eat habits.)

I was right!  Much less fat on the face!  The other photo was three weeks ago.
Bring it on.  I actually left a cheese Danish uneaten today.  What other powers do I possess?

No comments:

Post a Comment