Friday, March 27, 2015

33: Mace Windu & the Klingons

It seems The Professor may be a Jedi.

These aren't the excuses you're looking for.


My tweaked shoulder gave me issues yet this morning; I thoroughly expected to show up, be confirmed to be injured, and sent home.

Instead I ended up doing clean lifts?!?

Joey listened to my issues, and made some suggestions I followed.  I was relieved to feel the pain subside, and figured I'd be done-right?

Oh, no.  We still had exercises to do.

Not me; Joey. 


The Professor figured out how to work around my stiff shoulder:  a modified squat with weights, clean lifts and jerk lifts.  Rowing was the poison in between sets.

At some point Joey claimed to be Yoda; I said he was too snarky to be Yoda.  "What about the Jedi played by Samuel L. Jackson?" he suggested.

Scroll up the page & look at Joey, then at Mace Windu.  I believe we have a winner.


Yep, he plays Jedi mind tricks, too.  Like telling you "your welcome" when you show him the blisters on your hands.  Then we start talking about me continuing Crossfit outside the Quest.  Jedi Mind tricks folks, Jedi mind tricks.

I did fuel twice already, and noticed those two fuelings have started to become a habit.  Interestingly, I haven't needed my coffee as I usually do.

Impressive.  She no longer wants coffee.


Busy with meetings and work, I manage to get home before the kids.  I grab six songs while laying in the sun, the heat soaking into my sore muscles.

Do you know how you know you're spending too much time lifting?



When you know the words to songs like this.

And like them.

Will wonders ever cease?

One of the Seven Wonders of the World, just in case you're wondering.


Tonight, I babyed my still sore shoulder, and caught up on old episodes of ST:TNG.  An old favorite came on with Worf and K'Ehleyr.

I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned romance.


Tomorrow I'm not planning on exercise, or a hike.  Perhaps a little good old fashioned romance instead?

Gotta love the Klingon inspiration. 







No comments:

Post a Comment