Saturday, March 28, 2015

34: Blank Space

By virtue of my still sore shoulder (and ear infection/malady that afflicted me earlier this week) today was declared another rest day.

As in go to a wine festival day.

Before the disagreement.

For the third time in four years, we made our way over to Camp Verde's Pecan & Wine Festival.  The Verde is home to 12 local wineries, and all were present for tastings.  While I enjoy both whites & reds, The King of Athletics prefers only the darkest and dirtiest reds.  Thankfully, Arizona produces some truly wonderful wines.

I started with whites, and found a Sauvignon Blanc to rival my favorite New Zealand varietals.  The King dove straight into the reds, and brought home a bottle straight away from D A Ranch in Page Springs, Arizona.  After a lunch of brisket, we headed up to Jerome, for more tastings and gallery browsing.  Interestingly, since I just purchased a painting, I was uninterested in much that we saw (so that itch has been scratched, I guess you can say.). Dinner at Grapes was a sure-fired hit as always.

The day was warm and lovely, the setting sun as we came down Mingus just as beautiful.  Unfortunately, I find myself alone as the evening wears on; abandoned to my thoughts and the next steps I should take.  Quests do not always work out as one hopes, it seems.

I pray this one has a happy ending.



No comments:

Post a Comment