Thursday, March 12, 2015

18: Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh My!

So, this morning was busy.


If this is black bear scat, what is Becky pointing to?


Today I had to squeeze in a hike between BNI and taking off on a road trip.  Last on the list from the Hike Shack were two Mingus hikes, we choose Ash Canyon as a quicker hike.  

Or so we thought.


We found our way up Mingus, down 413, to 132.  After driving a while without finding the trailhead, we came upon a pond crossing the road.  With no cell signal and only one gun between us, we decided to do a three point and turn around.  On the way back up, we found #530.


We had internet, so a quick forest service search showed we had found Old Dump Trail.  Only .9 miles long, it filled our bill as a quick hike.

The sights we saw
The tales we told.
And then we saw the scat.

A quick text to confirm it refused to go through (what in the world did people do in the woods before cellphones??)

I definitely got in my cardio.

So somehow we ended up on Cleopatra Hill.  


I love my hiking partners.  So willing to ditch a hike and do something else instead :)

Our hike cut short by the fear of bears, I headed with the family to our mini Spring Break.  After a great meal and checking in, the girls and I headed to the spa.


Afterwards we joined the guys at the pool.


I swam for thirty minutes straight, making sure I got my heart rate up.  I jumped in the jacuzzi afterwards.

No pain.  Nothing but gain.

Add swimming to the list of exercise I love (that makes two.  Hiking and swimming.  Yoga is only on the like list, after reading a scary article about it being of the serpent on Facebook.)

The best thing?


No hiking boots.

Looking forward to my day in the sun.  Business plans to write, no distractions except for what drink to pick off the poolside menu. Fitness will make an appearance I'm sure, I find it sneaking in even when I think I'm catching a break.  

Perhaps it's not the devil I once thought it was?



No comments:

Post a Comment