Thursday, March 5, 2015

11: Breakthrough?

I need to wash my shoes.
I love my minimus shoes.
And get new socks instead of stealing the King of Athletic's.  I'm writing this while waiting for my bacon crusted Little Ceasars pizza to be done.

It was not my idea to go here.

My kids asked me to pick it up after seeing it on TV repeatedly the last few weeks.  So of course, send their mother after her Buti yoga class to pick one up.

Yoga.  Who knew?  I love it-both the classic slow and the fast-paced Buti.  I cannot wait to try the many variations, and savor I have a full year to explore more of this discipline.

Lance asked to see how they fit:)
Which is good, because my yoga pants are looking better than last week.

Buti Yoga

I cannot say enough what a huge difference tonight was compared to Tuesday.  Tuesday, it was no good.  It didn't look good.  Wednesday morning I was going to skip my hike.  I had my reality check when I met Andrew & Patrick, and found freedom on #33 from the air monster for the first time.  

Today was a day of discovery.

I discovered I liked Buti yoga, and could do moves I could not do earlier in the week.  I discovered I was stronger physically than I had thought.  I discovered Maverick doesn't show up at Buti yoga, either.


I discovered that I had broken through a moment of weakness, and had emerged on the other side.

Hole in the Wall, Constellation Trail

For our hike, Becky and I were back at Constellation after one of us had an eyelash extension mishap, and our start time got pushed back.  We hiked the middle sections, and despite a few cool rock formations, we agreed this hike ranked as easy.  Neither of us got winded, and I could feel the difference in my breathing.  While still too early to claim victory over the air monster, it was looking good that I had defeated the horrible breathlessness that had halted so many fitness quests of the past.

We live here!!!
 This hike was brought to you by the letter E - for easy.

So imagine my chagrin to receive the following message after I posted that on my Facebook:


Yes, it's Ian, who cancelled yesterday's hike.  The one who normally has to deal with me dealing with the air monster.  The one who is usually 40 paces ahead because I cannot keep up.  I told Becky about his snarky remark; she told me we're hiking the toughest hike we can find tomorrow so we can totally shame him in the near future.

Becks looks harmless...
You do not want to mess with this woman.

Soooooo....now I get to hike extra hard tomorrow so Becky can show up Ian.  

Great.

The hike on #261 is to the TOP...

Granite Mtn #261 is in my near future.  At least I know I should be able breathe.  Pizza's ready-time to get home to the kids.



See-my thighs need a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment