Tuesday, March 17, 2015

23: St Patrick's Day & Forgetting to Eat

was so proud of myself this morning.  I rarely eat breakfast outside of a restaurant, and I ate 23 green grapes here at home.  Fueling!  Look at me!


My body could trust me to eat, right?

Wrong.

It was a planned no exercise day; a day to work on marketing and proposals.  I immediately fell in love with the analytics, and was consumed in design.

11:20am

That's when I looked up.


I had an appointment at noon, 20 minutes away.  My pj's would be totally inappropriate.

Hurrying, I got dressed and jumped in the car, grabbing my morning's work.  I would have been on time had there not been construction on Williamson Valley.

I was held up at the man with the flag exactly how many minutes I was late.

The meeting went well, and I went to work.  I had two events to cover; the only issue was I was so tired.

Sleep had evaded me again, waking me at 4am.  At 3pm I thought about food.  I scarfed down half a chili burger and a tea.  I then checked in for the 10th annual St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl.

Becky ran into many, many friends.

We visited all the pubs, didn't have a single drink, then popped in at the Nastee Dog Kickstarter for their new stove hood.

While I love their food, I wasn't hungry-I'd eaten just 2 hrs before.

So I end the evening with three glowing bracelets, four beaded necklaces, two flashing shamrock rings, one flashing shamrock necklace and a green bowler hat, plus two t-shirts (all at no cost, since I didn't buy a single drink.)


Then Jim calls.

Crap.  My health coach.

I only ate twice today.

We chat for a few minutes as I stand outside one of the pubs.  I have a thirty year habit I need to break; I need to fuel myself six times a day, and I was an utter failure my first day out.

Eating will be harder than exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment