Thursday, March 26, 2015

32: The Local and Locals

The best things happen in small towns.

Old fashioned, homemade English muffins with four types of equally homemade jam.

Today is a break day.

As in break your shoulder muscle putting your hair in a ponytail day.

I've been in pain all day due to the ponytail pictured here.

Yes, I know a muscle pull isn't a break, but it might as well be as much as it's throbbing.

Today started out good-my fever broke (that's another break) sometime in the night, and while exhausted from that, I felt so much better.  The dogs thought I was fine, too.

They wanted my cheese.

Originally I was to be in Phoenix all day, but unwilling to risk a punctured eardrum, I stayed in the mile high city.  With most of my appointments rescheduled for Friday, I used the morning to get some work done.  

Like download the rest of One Republic's  Native album.

The King of Athletics met me for lunch, which placed me in town for the afternoon.  While I felt quite a bit better, I was still tired.  Whether it was the fever the day before or the Canyon hike two days prior, I decided to do my usual Thursday visit of local columnists instead of searching for new clients.

These yahoo's are my favorites.

It's easy to get distracted, especially when you love the wares.  I had to purchase one item today I could not resist.

Prescott, with Thumb Butte in the distance.

It's one of Ian's, and part of his show that opens tomorrow.

Here's your free plug:  Living the Dream exhibit featuring Doug Weber, Ian Russell and Bryan Tubbs, March 27, 5-8pm at the Ian Russell Gallery of Fine Art.

I still had time to kill, but was unwilling to waste the gas to drive home and back. So I headed to Thumb Butte, and plopped myself on the first bench an 1/8th the way up the trail.  

The pines smell amazing, and it was sooo quiet.

I caught up on calls, relishing the fact I live so close to so many places I love.  After picking up Parry, I quickly brushed through my hair and headed out the door again.

Tonight's mixer was Locals Only-and it was well attended at Watter's Garden Center.  I delighted seeing old friends, meeting new people and setting up appointments.  It was especially good to catch up with Sgt Steve, from my first week of Fitness Quest.

I had an hour to kill in between the mixer and picking up daughter Abbie, so my friend Sheryl invited me over to her house. She is opening a restaurant called The Local next month, and had a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier this month.  She invited me to try some of the recipes, which I gladly agreed to!

Cheese pimento spread-DIVINE!

Utterly scrumptious, fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies.

I cannot WAIT for The Local to open!

So, today was filled with locals...local people, local businesses, local landmarks.  Plain and simple-it's Prescott.  
Thankfully, it abounds in Everybody's Hometown.


No comments:

Post a Comment