Friday, March 6, 2015

12: Playing Hookie


Yes, I still hiked today.  However, the workouts this week included Saturday; so I'm taking tonight off to hang with the girls.


The gal in middle is Erin, a dear friend whom I have not seen in awhile.  We were thrilled meet up with her at Prescott Crush, for wine & cheese (and meat and brushetta and dessert....)

Caprese, Butcher's platter, Cheese Platter.  I didtched the bread for Mr. Paleo.
This was the first round.

This is our reward for hiking seven miles together (but I hiked ten total.)

I got half of each one - one pound cake!!

As I write, Becky is enjoying the soreness of her thighs after our three mile hike this afternoon with my son.

Charlton got his braces OFF today; and thus had a day off from school.  He joined us on our hike, and immediately was 40 paces ahead.

He looks so grown up!

Please note the Viking hair.  Today I birthed the idea of the Hiking Viking Experience.  Mark the day, you heard it here first.

No way in the world I'm reducing the size of these blue eyes.

Instead of 40 minute Fit tonight, it's Zumba tomorrow.  

A potential problem if you have no rhythm.  

So tonight-let's try a little dancing and some good music (in hopes something rubs off?)

Anywise, today's hike was more than I bargained for.  We hiked the Willow Lakes Dells (it costs $2, and keeps the hoards away) and scrambled over rocks.

40 paces, like I said.

I'm always amazed I live in such a beautiful place-and today's hike was such a wonderful sight.

Willow Lake, Prescott, Arizona

That's Granite in the distance-my soon to be conquerored nemesis.

After a great hike Wednesday and a great Buti class yesterday, I thought I was over the hump.  The air monster visited me on the end of the third mile, half way up the Apex Trail.  Although I made it with no real issues; it reminded me that my endurance was pitiful.

He looks just like the King of Athletics, doesn't he?

Please note the tank top-it was 64° in beautiful Prescott, Arizona. Isn't my boy handsome?  14 1/2 and almost three inches taller than his mama.

Apex Trail.  Yes, we go to the top.


So today's hike was brought to you by the letters N & Y and the number 40, Not Yet and still 40 paces behind.  It may be one step forward and two steps back (my jeans still don't fit) BUT it's an awfully fun dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment