Monday, March 23, 2015

29: Is Channing Tatum a Secret Prince?

I woke up when the alarm went off.

Miracle of miracles-I slept through the night!

I have long hair.  One cannot possibly sleep like this.


Which meant it was Monday, and I had to eat six times, workout plus do actual work, too.

Like a normal person.

Because clearly, people who pose lovingly with a Prince Eric statue are normal.

Well, I ate two hard boiled eggs and slugged a jumbo size cup of coffee, because my research shows coffee hydrates as well as water.

Didn't believe me, did you?  It's been all over the English papers.


I headed to CrossFit, and decided to not walk in early.  Maverick is serious about Mondays.

Unfortunately, he's serious about a lot of stuff I need to do.
Once inside, my mood lifts.  It's hard not to smile when The Professor has on his buff.  He sets me up with six exercises:  kettle bell swings, barbell rows, standard barbell deadlifts, front barbell squats, overhead dumbbell presses and finally a strange yoga-pose sit up.  3 sets of 15.

I liked those weird sit ups-half the exercise involved laying down.  I call that rest.

So I did seven extra on the last set, because I liked the song playing, and I wanted to see how long I could go.

It's still not fun.  Really, it's not.  Nope.

That's how I felt, driving home with music thumping while eating jerky.


I get home, start the laundry, hang my white boards, write some goals, start some calls.  Dryer buzzes, I flip the laundry, and gather towels for a towel load.  Guess what I find buried in the process?  The scale.

It was under our son's bed.  Really.
Seven or so weeks ago, I started the Quest not knowing what I weighed.  The scale was missing, and I didn't need to see a number to know I needed to lose weight.  Last week I was weighed when they did my BMI, so I had a benchmark.  Joyfully, I climbed on.

Yep, that bad.

I apparently had GAINED two and a half pounds.  FREAKING REALLY?!?

So much for a ridiculously amazing Monday.

I vow now I'm not weighing myself again.  EVER!

Ok, maybe vow isn't the right word here. Did you know there is some movie called The Vow starring Channing Tatum?  Nor did I until I googled "vow."  Hmph.

Although the King of Athletics is older, he's equally cut & hot ❤️
Here's the deal:  my calorie count is NOWHERE near my energy output.  I should have lost weight-goodness knows I've been hungry enough!!

Jim thinks my body is scared of the exercise and retaining my fat because I'm not eating enough.

Seriously???  That's a broken record!

UGH.  Suddenly, my mood is black.  Yeah, I'd drank three bottles of water, plus the coffee and two snacks and I was dressed.  BUT STILL!?!

Nothing got thrown, so that's good.  Although I just realized I never finished flipping the laundry.

Excuse me.

Crap.  Stuff in dryer is damp.  Anyhow...

This is my 1970's dinner:  Shrimp Orleans, on rice.  With a beer.  Carb city.

You want to mess with me, body?  Really?  Let me give you some carbs.

And thus was my day (plus a trip to the dentist; I remain cavity free all these 43 years.)  Tomorrow the big hike.  5am start.  I've heard it's call for some time, now I must go.  


My destination is easy, the return trip?  We shall see.  Pray for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment