Thursday, March 19, 2015

25: LEMONADE! I must focus on lemonade!!

Writing, it has been said, is an art form.

Scary crap.  Really scary crap.

So having your work, your essense, your vive de joie ERASED, wiped from existence, is hard.

Especially when you're sore.

And hungry.

(Ignore that last statement, Jim.  I'm fixing a fuel break now.)

Granite Mountain, today's original hike.

It rained.  Again.

Melting!!!

So instead, I tried to remember to eat (I did!  Twice!  Just not the third and fourth time) and made sure the hot water heater got fixed (thank you, Darrin.)

Darrin with his (and my) hiking partner, Dotty.

Darrin told me to call Dotty, and we headed out to our old standby, Williamson Valley trailhead by our homes.

The orange is left over fire retardant from the 2013 Doce Fire.

Dotty brought her dogs, and we enjoyed the joy they brought by just being outside and running free.

Jake & Sarge.


This picture took multiple exposures.  Apparently the dogs have no desire for fame in my blog.

Cacti; not to be confused with poison ivy.

Although not the hike I planned, it was still a welcome excursion.


Not to be confused with this Excursion.

Dinner made it fueling stop #3, just know Black Cumin Oil makes everything taste divine.

I think I forgot something?  Dang it!  Mushrooms & onions.

Not an exciting day (probably because I had to get up at zero dark thirty) but a day to recognize that plans can change instead of cancel, and bad thirty year old habits (of not eating) will take time to change.

And then remembering you have an old bin of underwear on the top shelf of your closet is the big highlight of the night...?  Yep, this is one of those days.

I leave you with this:

Seen as I left Embry-Riddle last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment