Friday, April 3, 2015

40: Fever & bikinis...

Buying a swimsuit for your 13 year old daughter-when bikinis are NOT an option-is a difficult proposition.

Parry, who needs attention.

I don't approve of bikinis for preteens and young teenagers; heck, I really don't approve of them at all, and refuse to buy one.

Silly me.  Aren't I old fashioned?  Call me a prude, I don't care.  Plunging neckline?  Fine.  Bare midriff and butt cheeks hanging out?  No.

I remember having this argument with my oldest (who, at 19, has purchased her own.)  In a home with only a few dressing rules, I will not budge.

Excuse me, I appear to be steeped in crimson.

Arizona sunsets never cease to amaze-or distract.

This is the view from my bedroom window; I'm sick with a 101° fever and I think it's my ears once again.

Today was a planned rest day after my 8.2 mile hike up Granite, despite my snarky comments this morning.


I wasn't sore except for my triceps, due to the new trekking poles I borrowed from Dotty yesterday.

Well worth the investment!

I should have noted the chill I had all day was a sign of oncoming sickness, but I didn't.  We did find a nice suit for Parry, but I didn't have a lot of hope to find one for myself when I saw my reflection in the mirrors.  My capri's sagged in the butt (I'm inbetween sizes) and find something that fit was impossible.  Ah well, looks like with this fever I won't be going tomorrow to the water park any wise.

So I'm sick with something suspiciously like last week.  Guess I wasn't over it...hopefully this time it's not an issue, either.  I've got a fitness quest to complete-see?  No down time for me.

Next week is yoga-looking forward to it!







No comments:

Post a Comment