Sunday, April 19, 2015

Things you can’t “unsee”: Pit airing, wardrobe malfunctions, and leaking – all sorts of leaking


Let’s face it, the quest to fitness is not always a pretty path.  Especially if your workouts involve a gym.  Or other people.

In the last year, I’ve seen so much stuff that have puzzled, amazed, and disgusted me – oftentimes all at once.  I’ll just share a couple.

There’s a woman that runs on the treadmill next to me – no matter where I run, she finds me.  Anyway, when in active recovery, she lifts her arm up and pulls her short sleeve down to expose her pit to the fan.  Every.  Single.  Time.  Who knows?  Maybe that’s a legit way to cool yourself off quickly.  But, it’s not ok.



A few weeks ago, I was rowing next to this woman.  And it started to smell.  I paid no attention – because unfortunately, though not pleasant, that is something that appears to be normal at a gym.  Anyway, it was foul; which actually made me row faster so I could kinda fan the smell away (hmmmm).  It was especially ripe when we rotated between rowing and using the medicine ball in front of our rowers.

Thirty minutes of the stench ended with my row neighbor wiping down her seat with a wet wipe (we all do – for the sweat/germs) – but hers was brown.  I sh@t you not.  Ok, so many questions.  Mainly though:  no shame?  No shame?


Image result for picture of dirty poopy gym equipment









Though I love my Orange Theory Fitness time, I also like doing my workouts at home.  Where my kids will laugh and make funny of me, but the mocking, smells, and germs are all our own.

You see the quest is filled with all sorts of things that have nothing to do with fitness, but are just as interesting to talk about!  For cleaning eating or coaching, visit me on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/TroyPFoster

No comments:

Post a Comment