Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Day I Wanted to Quit

Today was the day.

After a hard day yesterday, and waking up in pain due to the mystery shoulder injury, I was done.



I was done...but I wasn't.  I wanted to quit, I wanted to be done.

But that's not what I'm supposed to do.

Today, after a bad start and many tears, I brushed myself off and squared my shoulders.  I went to my networking meeting, and felt better afterwards.  I filled my calendar for the following week. I left, and then I discover this:

Lynne's article was in Drudge.


This is HUGE to a small news source; it's IMPOSSIBLE to feel bad with such fantastic news.  Shortly thereafter, I received another call, from one of my clients.  A television producer had read their articles in Prescott eNews, and wanted to do a television show about them.

Of course, they may have to close unless they figure out stage one fire restrictions...


I could not help but feel better about my job (I wasn't planning on quitting that, but the boost there did help me refocus my exercise energy) and I rethought the Fitness Quest.  I need more than one week at a facility; my CrossFit Prescott experience was the best thus far due to the fact I did two weeks.  I decided to discuss it with Lucille during Pilates.

Pilates.  This wonderful, intriguing new-to-me exercise.

Much more complex than it appears!

Just when I can't do one more, we switch.

Lucille readily agreed, and some stress was removed by knowing I had the time to truly explore "getting cooked."

Then more good news; Ered has a lilac bush.

My favorite flower.

He filled my arms with the scented blooms, and my soul was restored as I buried my face in their scent.

Then I picked up my painting, and hung it  in the place I picked out weeks ago.

Ian's painting of Prescott.  Love it!

The King of the Central Highlands arrived, and surprised me with a sweet change of plans.  It's our 17th wedding anniversary this weekend, and he's taking me away.

Exercise will be a part of my life, hopefully for the rest of my life.  This morning (and yesterday) were just moments.  Hard moments, but just moments.  My quest continues, and it's going to be ok.

THIS WEEKEND we have a GUEST BLOGGER!!  Troy is on his own Fitness Quest, which he will be sharing with you over the next few days.  The funny thing is we've met only once, when he was 16 and I was 15, out at Lori Lane (do you remember this, Troy?  It's in my journal from that trip!) We were introduced by my BFF Rochelle, who delighted in both of our quests, and thought we could encourage one another.  THANK YOU, Troy, for taking it on!

Happy 17th Anniversary, King of Athletics! 




No comments:

Post a Comment