Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Buddy Taping & Other Repairs

That blown out tire yesterday?  Guess what?  It blew out because it had gone bad.  Providence alone kept it from blowing out at high speed, and instead on our driveway.

That also meant I spent a very long time waiting for tire repairs instead of hiking today.

And I had the nicest injured princess hiker vibe going, too.

Oh, I popped over to Starbucks and worked the phone, so all wasn't lost, but I'm aching for exercise.

Yikes.  Did I really just say that?



I hear this on the radio, and I want to be here:

Surprise, surprise.

Breaks hand, wants to lift.  Will wonders ever cease?

Next week, I've got two new exercise partners-two wounded warriors.  Week after that, I'm revisiting Sgt Steve, the Professor, Lucille & Fusion of Movement.  Each has agreed to a special modified session which won't engage my hand.  Week after, I'll be at Spofit in Phoenix, which specializes in fitness for the disabled.

You see, the number one reason people quit is injury.  

Not me.

Not some others.


The next six-eight weeks I'm highlighting those who refuse to stop when injured, and stay fit (or get fitter!) after injury.  So what if I can't use my right hand for six weeks; I can get it back.  I've got no excuses not to keep at the Fitness Quest.

With four new tires (sigh) and an oil change I talked them into for free, I collected Lad for a little date.


We went to Nastee Dogs, of course.

Despite a later ice cream cone, all he did was tell everyone how much he loved Nastee Dogs!

The boy is expected to behave as a gentleman on our little dates.  They started when he was four, ten years ago.

We got him registered for high school, and then I had my surgery consult with Dr. Eric.

Yep, the one who says I can use his Viking picture because he's so cool.

Thankfully, no surgery is necessary, and I was freed from the splint, too!! Buddy taping the ring and middle finger, plus a simple ace bandage for a broken hand.  Six weeks healing time, but I could sign my name tonight without pain, so I was delighted!!

After playing Mom's taxi for the kids, I met Lucille for dinner.

We did not wear these outfits to dinner.

Lamb Boti Masala.  Need I say more?

I drove home in pain, my shoulder aggravated once again.  Lucille had asked me some tough questions, and I appreciated her candor.

Brain injury.  Seriously.

Tomorrow I can get back to work; I'm looking forward it.

No comments:

Post a Comment