Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hard! It's hard!!

I really needed my Boxster today.

Not that I have one, but I plan on having one, so that's just as good as having one, right?

Anyhow, remember I hiked Little Granite last night?  

Century plants, so you know Dotty was with me.

Well, I remember leaning my very expensive, brand new trekking poles against the vehicle.  I did not, however, recall shortening them and putting them in the car.

Which meant maybe I forgot to?

Heading to the car this morning for BNI, I checked the backseat.  Backpack, boots...no poles.  My heart sunk.

I had sold these boots to get the poles.

Driving in to town, I weighed the chances of the poles still being in the parking lot.  We had left fifteen minutes before they closed the gates for the night; perhaps they were still there?  Glancing at the clock, I calculated how long of a detour it might be.  It was 6:37am, I was a minimum of 15 minutes out-or a half hour round trip, plus the remaining drive across town to BNI.  40 minutes, and be late for BNI (I was embarrassingly late last week) and maybe find my poles?

I became The Stig's female cousin.

Turning right, I hightailed it down Iron Springs Road.  At 6:43am I turned onto Granite Basin Rd, which is typically a leisurely 25mph 4 mile drive to the trailhead.

Not so today.

No star in a reasonably priced car would have beaten me.

Whipping into the trailhead parking, I immediately smile with glee.

My beloved poles, having laid there all night.

Letting out a whoop (and tossing my remaining coffee in the air, narrowly missing getting drenched) I leapt from the car, snapped that picture, tossed the poles in the back and sped back the way I'd come.

Cranking up the tunes, I flew down the road, only occasionally slowing due to the rising sun.  I waltzed into BNI at 7:07am, and regaled a friend with my tale.

I love starting the day on a high.

BNI (Business Networking International) is (duh) a business networking group.  Fortunately, our group is full of people with a great sense of humor, too.  7am on Thursday's is usually full of laughs, but today was exceptionally fun.  Lucille was my table mate, and I was sad that my beautiful Pilates journey with her was almost over.

She even let me rest yesterday!

Next week I have to go elsewhere; my two lined-up facilities on deck are both in PV.

Prescott Valley, for those of you not around here.

It's a long drive from my house.

He's baaaaaaack!

Let's just say the five-day line up of classes (ranging from Zumba to Booty Barre and beyond) scare the crap out of me.

These classes may be fun for the coordinated, but coordinated I am not!

Perhaps I exaggerate; I can put on shoes, and hike.  Is that coordinated?

Last time I did classes, I felt like sore jello.  I am quite reluctant to do them again, but I need to know:

Does being fitter make a difference?

Today, Becky and I hiked Thumb Butte.

Steep side smiles!

She had twisted her ankle during our Flume hike weeks ago; this was our first outing since.  

We did the steep side; I not only managed to hold a conversation the entire time, but the air monster was a no show.

Fitness, I am finding, is an interesting Quest.  I wonder what I'll discover next?

No comments:

Post a Comment