Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Yoga Hike #45

Yesterday, I did the steep side of Thumb Butte.  Today, it would be the easy side-and then a yoga session on top.  What I didn't know?  How glorious it would be!





A double thumbs up on Thumb Butte👍




As if that wasn't fantastic enough, today marks eight weeks since I first took that hike with Ian.  How's this for a flashback?

Yeah....:). I can see it in my face, too!

I cannot contain my sheer delight in triumphing over the air monster on this butte.  I first hiked it at 18, 25 years ago, with my BFF Rochelle and her Granpa.

The switchbacks before cement & rails:)

Hiking Thumb Butte always takes me back to those long ago vacations in Prescott, Arizona to visit my best friend, and later, her grandparents.  Each trip I hiked, and each trip I fell more in love with the rocks and the sky of the central highlands.  After I was widowed, it was to Prescott I retreated with my four month old daughter; on the one year anniversary of the Knight's death, I solo day hiked the canyon.  Add another year, and I honeymooned on it's rim...and had my very first fight with my new husband sitting at the Prescott Brewing Company. Several more visits occurred, but the fateful visit of 2011 precipitated our move here.  I've never looked back; it took 24 years to get here, but I'm here.  

And now I hike.  With air.

God is so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment