Saturday, April 25, 2015

An Officer & A Broken Hand?!

Becky and I love to dance, our men do not.  Mic and the King know we need to get it out of our system, so neither mind us occasionally heading to Matt's for a twirl around the dance floor.

We keep tabs on each other, and scare off any cowboy who doesn't respect our rings.

So last night was a blast, and I was delighted to find fitness helped my dancing!  I had an exceptionally good partner who knew how to lead, and am now more determined than ever to drag the King into a dance class.  Who knew being fit would help with two left feet?

Earlier in the night, my natural clumsiness claimed an embarrassing win when I went to sit down and missed the stool at the restaurant.  I caught myself with my right hand; it did hurt but nothing unmanageable.  In the car heading home I thought it looked a wee swollen, but not too bad.  Becky was more concerned than I, and was distracted by the conversation.  So when those pesky red and blue lights came on behind us...

Two weeks in a row I've been pulled over.  Neither time was I driving!

Officer Schiska of Prescott PD let us know we were doing 44mph in a 30.  Oops.  Becky sweetly explained her distraction as she handed him the paperwork.  As she was obviously sober, he gave her a warning and went to run her license.

He took a really long time to return.

It seems he dropped her drivers license in a storm drain?!?!  And could not get it out!?!


He sheepishly shared what happened, and we could not contain our giggles.
I promised to blog about it; he accepted that consequence.  We were sent off with a warning, and a delightful memory of a squirming officer.


This morning I woke at 5:30am to a very swollen right hand.  I could hear a clicking noise in it when I moved my middle finger, too.

The King took this picture.

About twice it's normal size.

After two hours at urgent care, the results were in:

Broken and displaced.

Interestingly, my first thought was to laugh.

My second was the Fitness Quest.

 At least I can hike, right?

I texted the King with the news, and texted Dr. Eric, who happens to specialize in hand surgery.  Hopefully in six weeks it will be good as new.  Oh, and that clicking sound? Bone on bone.

So, hiking, running, swimming...?

I get in the truck to find a dozen red roses waiting for me, and an invitation to lunch with the King.

The King's response.

So, no workout today.  Maybe a hike tomorrow.  Definitely need to reschedule my gym for next week...really, the next six.  I am determine NOT to lose my newly found muscles-what a quest this will be.  (I'm right handed and it's the right hand. Typing is pretty slow!)

I look at it this way:  the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy.  I must be on a good path he wants to destroy, so to me, injuries like this prove I'm doing something right the enemy wants to stop.  James 1:2-5 says to count it all joy:). So I'm laughing about my clumsiness.  This Quest just got more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment