Thursday, April 30, 2015

Being Still

Today was another day of rest.

My puppy rests like this.

I didn't really want to rest, but I woke up with a very sore hand and shoulder.

The color changes are getting intense.

Apparently I'm not kind to my hand in my sleep; tonight I'll splint it for protection from my toss and turns.

Resting meant catching up on little things:  registering kids for fall school, paying bills, and yes, trying to write using a keyboard.  I set up appointments for next week, and followed up on a few calls.  In general though, I rested.  My body made it clear it needed time to heal.

It's harder than exercise.

I'm still recovering from the concussion I suffered in December, with symptoms cropping up now and then.  I've had three different friends tell me I should be still.  Then my shoulder says slow down.  Then I break my hand.



So today, I was still.  I got necessary things done, but I was still.

He showed up.

It's been awhile.

We had a good, long, angry, tearful, mad, joyful, spirited conversation.

I made choices.  I asked for grace.

We aren't done talking, but at least I know where to find Him again.

In stillness.


No comments:

Post a Comment