Sunday, April 26, 2015

Clicking Bones

When I try to engage limited use of my right hand, like to use my index finger to help my left hand just a little...click.

Click.  Pop.  Click.

Dammit, Jim!  Those are dislocated bones!

See, I'm really not in pain, so the desire to have some normal usage is quite high.  It's like I'm in a splint for nothing.

Just some of the crazy bruising.

Fitness Quest.  My primary worry (I cannot, I repeat cannot lose these abs!) as I cancel my gym for next week.  Hiking alone does not work-I need the targeted exercises.  I start formulating ideas, and decide to take this week off until I know what the prognosis is for my hand.  I'll hike all week (Canyon next Sunday-not giving that up!) and figure out my schedule the next five (I have some cool ideas.)

Heading here!

So today, I worked a little (good as a distraction) and start learning what I cannot do.

1.  Dry self off after shower.
This may be an issue if the King isn't around.

2.  Put on a necklace or post earrings.
Good thing I'm no longer a jewelry lady, eh?

3.  Blow dry hair while styling, or braid or put hair in ponytail.
 Bye-bye Viking braids for now.

4.  TALK ON PHONE WHILE DRIVING.
This is a severe negative!!

5.  Do my nails
Dude-don't laugh.

6.  Put on yoga pants.  
There's a lot of pulling involved.

7.  Keep a straight face when retelling how I broke my hand.
Chris will attest to this.

8.  Shoot a gun.
They *say* I can go left, but I'm not holding out much hope that I can hit a target shooting left with no support hand?  Come on.

I want to make clear I am not complaining. It's just different-and I like to note differences. So the Fitness Quest will reflect this-I'm excited to see what it brings.

By the way, I'm desperate for junk good right now.  Aching for it.

Yum-O.

I've managed to stay on track only because broken bones make you sleepy...but I want this all the time!!!

Abs.  I love my abs.  Repeat!!

Pray for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment