Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A New Normal

Back in December, I suffered the concussion that turned my life upside down.  

The King and I at an ASU basketball game shortly after Christmas.  This trip cost me the next two days in bed with a debilitating migraine.

January I began short hikes, and things improved slowly.  I was able to return to work, which meant I stopped hiking-thinking it was a short-term solution.

I can see a difference in these pictures; I look tired despite the smiles.

The Quest began with a hike up Thumb Butte in February; one of the hardest hikes of my life.  The subsequent 15 weeks have been a roller coaster as my body has grown fitter, and my mind has slowly healed.

Things, however, have changed.

I still dread exercise.  I do it; Tuesday morning I got up and did the "Three-song workout" and busted butt the rest of the day.  

My latest in a series of motto's.

Thankfully, it was the last day of school.

I am now the mother of an 8th grader, 9th grader and a college sophomore.

I can tell my brain is finally better; that means more work and less "play"- although exercise is far from play to me.

My new normal?  Daily exercise.  Still occasional brain issues...but I can feel my mind has come back to where it was.  Things are different now; I'm not content as I once was.  It will be interesting to see what my new normal will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment