Monday, May 18, 2015

Exercise: Bad/Massage: Good

Oh, it was bad.

I took a picture of a pinecone to stall starting my ascent.

My hiking partner had to cancel last minute, so I changed my planned hike to Thumb Butte.  I knew my cardio sucked-it's been three weeks now since a hard hike-so I decided to bite the bullet.

The view of my preferred trail from the damn hard trail to the left.

It sucked.  Literally.

I'm sucking air, I cannot breathe.  Pure Air Monster attack.

So I stopped um, to take a picture!  Of, um, oak leaves!

And a prescribed burn...

And to answer three phone calls...

Imagine my surprise that it took less than 20 minutes, despite the stops, the breathlessness and majorly cramping calves.

Was it worth it?  Hell, yeah.

Amazing how amazing it felt.  From near collapse to ecstasy in seconds.

So, in a moment of passion for exercise, I ran down the other side.

Please note this dude is NOT 40 paces ahead. 

Finished in record time.

Oh, I still hate, loathe and despise exercise. 

But I love it when it's done.

Especially when I get a massage next; in the comfort of my own home.

Incredible.

I met Ana at the Home Show; her booth partner Katie had attended Sgt. Steve's boot camp with me my first week of the Quest.

I love home shows.

Ana is a mobile therapist-she comes to your home or place of business to do your massage.  I was very intrigued; I consider myself a massage junkie-I'd rather get a massage to deal with pain then pop a pill-and Ana agreed to take on my still sore shoulder.

She arrived a few minutes early, and with one trip brought in all her gear-the massage table, etc.  Set-up was quick; she discreetly left the room while I changed and hopped on the table.  I was impressed with the high quality, the table was super comfortable.

One of the things I look for in a massage therapist is for them to get a "read" on my body.  From week to week my body's needs change-today my calves were screaming and my shoulder had issues.  Ana expertly keyed in on these areas; although we did discuss areas I felt needed attention, she listened to what my muscles said they needed-and went from there.  No pre-planned motions or times; from Ana I received exactly what my body needed, even to the amount of pressure applied.  Normally I have to ask for more pressure; with Ana's skill in listening to the muscles, she expertly knew what to apply.

Call her!  She's amazing!

Rarely has a massage been so relaxing and healing.  I think being in my own living room added to that effect; it definitely was a bonus. What started off as a difficult day was suddenly better through the artistic hands of Ana-I cannot thank her enough!






No comments:

Post a Comment