Monday, May 18, 2015

Shut up & Dance

Zumba...for me, the uncoordinated one, it's not the best exercise.

I'm the one hiding in the back leaning the opposite way as everyone else.

You'd think this means I don't dance.

Well, I don't dance well but I love to dance....and spent several hours dancing Sunday in two very different settings.  Quite frankly, I can't decide which I prefer better.

Saturday night views

Saturday night I went dancing with friends; I can honestly say I spent the first two hours of Sunday morning exercising. Like better than Zumba, totally sweaty,  need some water exercise.  

And I totally skipped the gravy fries afterwards!  Honest!

Let's just say that my feet were sore when I woke up.  Now THAT is a workout.

Of course, the King tells me since I had a beer, there's no net caloric loss.  Sigh.

Sunday we hosted our daughter's boyfriend's parents for dinner, so that meant cleaning my kitchen with my left hand.  

One cannot sweep one handed, just FYI.

Nor is cleaning as much fun as dancing.

Anyhow-the food was amazing (grilled steaks, fresh buttered green beans, roasted brussel spouts, elote, cucumber salad & parfaits) and the conversation delightful.   You see, my health coach Jim is dad to my daughter's boyfriend, so it's not like we didn't already know each other.

My daughter, Jim's son.  #smalltown

After, I headed to One Night of Worship.

That's the county courthouse behind the platform.

The music was fantastic...and I'm dancing again.  

I love to express my joy!

While I couldn't quite rock it out like I had just a mere 18 hours earlier across the street, I threw my hands in the air and danced.

In this gorgeous setting:). Love Prescott.

No, I'm not coordinated.  No, I'm not the best dancer.  But I can think of no better way to express joy.

And burn some calories, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment