Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Spartan Invasion!!!

Like, seriously????

Aw, come on!!!

They are so NOT supposed to be part of my blog (sorry, Kelly.)

As a Michigan Wolverine, this is just unacceptable.  Really.  The Knight of physical therapy trained me well.

Hail!  Harbaugh is home!!

Today, no exercise once again.  I suppose I could drop the blog and go do squats, but I am learning I need to slow down on somethings.  Not that I am loathing exercise as I used to; I am surprised to actually miss it.  That said, I recognize the need to let things heal.  A broken bone won't stop the Fitness Quest, but I don't need to go hardcore.  Letting a broken bone heal may be a little more important than I thought.



Today, I pushed it (the hand.). Right until the hand started cramping, and I freaked out.  Dr. Eric calmed me by text once again (so thankful!) and I won't try the things I did this morning again soon (I'm not admitting to anything!!). Of course, I spent three hours creating on the computer, and forgot to fuel (utterly and completely forgot to fuel.  Until 2:30pm). My morning meeting went well (I used to never eat, so no fueling wasn't an issue) and I looked forward to my first Bowenwork session with Natalie.

Sorry I forgot to eat, Jim.

Bowenwork.  Now this is an interesting development.  Desperate for relief from the pinched nerve, I've tried heat, cold, menthol, essential oils, ibuprofen, acetaminophen & alcohol.  Unfortunately, only alcohol worked, and that's not a good solution.  Lucille suggested Bowenwork, which I had heard a few good things about.  As the anti-placebo human, I figured it was worth a try.

Bowenwork apparently activates the nerves for healing.  It's like a one minute massage, followed by a two minute break.  I found it to be very relaxing, and incredibly reflective.  I shared some of the insights with the King tonight; I look forward to another session next week.

Thankfully, I'm back with Lucille tomorrow and the Professor on Friday.  Adapting workouts for the broken hand intrigue me; my over-active mind looks forward to the challenge.

The quest is changing, and I am adapting.  Not my best trait, adapting. 

 I am learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment