Thursday, May 14, 2015

Finding myself in Crown King

Well, exercise did not happen today.  $5.35 a gallon gas DID happen, many new friends were made and I'm contemplating moving up here.

Here is Crown King, and I'm writing this in the historic saloon.  They're begging me to stay for trivia night.

My new friend Chris.

Chris and I met at Becky's birthday; we met today to work out future business ventures.  While I knew it was a long drive on a dirt road way out in the mountains, I didn't plan on leaving my keys in the car and locking the door.

The first attempt at noon.

Which was ok...since we had work to go over.

At the bar.  No, I didn't fall off a stool.

By 4:30 several mountain men were on the project, utilizing wire coat hangers, slim jim's, screwdrivers, wedges and a long pink hook.

Monty and his pink hook.

Ben, the man of the hour.

So I bought a round...

Success!

Crown King.  I'm ready to move up to this mountain town and join the 88 residents.  The King of Athletics of the Central Highlands will love it-we're coming here in June.

I cannot wait.

Driving up here, I thought I knew how my day would work out; where I would go, what I would learn, what my next steps would be.

Then a simple accident; which while not life threatening and just inconvenient, it changed things.

I sat on a boulder, praying they could get it open.  As hours went by and it looked more and more likely I was going to have three hours (versus one) of mountain roads ahead of me, I did the no-no of throwing out a fleece.

As if the keys locked in the car wasn't enough of a sign.

For the non-religious, "throwing out a fleece" means promising God you'll do something in exchange for answered prayer.  Preachers advise against it; I've personally never tried it.  But I've been looking for signs...right or wrong...I wanted God to show up.  Prove something.  As the hours ticked by and more mountain men failed to succeed, I found my faith tossed and caught by the people around me.  When the tide turned, and success was nearly assured, my heart questioned the fleece I'd thrown (probably why preachers advise against it!)

Despite the cloud cover, I could probably see for over fifty miles.

Driving home, I stopped to appreciate the view.  My plans for the day were waylaid, and in good conscience I could not pick them back up.  

This drive is fantastic, by the way.  Absolutely loved the adventure.

New plans had emerged, new dreams were dreamt.  Puzzle pieces came together, and after months of trying to figure out the picture, I saw it clearly now.

He stood in my way.

With a clear goal now before me, I began to strategize.  The drive home went quickly, and the King greeted me with hot pizza.

It's probably because he signed me up for CrossFit Prescott.

Today did not go as I planned.  It was better.   Who knew I'd find myself in Crown King.


No comments:

Post a Comment