Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Exercising while Injured: Kickstart Boot Camp for Women

"When are you going to stop keeping score?"

Sgt Steve of Kickstart Boot Camp for Women

That was Sgt Steve's first comment to me this morning, after I told him about yesterday's fail.  "Why does it have to be a fail?" he asked.  "So you ate chips-so what?  When's the last time you did that?"

Not recently, but the gravy fries AND chips in the same weekend, PLUS all the food at Beck's birthday party?

Sgt Steve dismissed it.  "So you feel 'fat' today.  Instead of beating yourself up, get back on track.  Stop keeping score.  It's ok to indulge if you are consistently eating right and working out-which you are."

My broken hand has wrecked havoc with my weight; hiking causes it to swell, so I took a week off.  Without the additional calories being burned (and the copious amounts of really yummy food) my weight had creeped up a pound.  Or two.

 Or three...

So it's cardio carnival.  Early, I had posted this:

Bacon was on my mind.

I dreaded today's workout.  I didn't want to be breathless.  I wasn't keen on sweating.

Then I went.

Coach Troy likes to say no one ever regrets a workout.  We argue about that; I say there have been many workouts I regret, and I rarely, if ever, feel good at the end.

Wrong.

Dang it.

Just had to be right, didn't you Troy?

For the very first time in my life, I was fitter than the workout.  What was strenuous and difficult in February was a pleasant half hour in May.  My heart rate elevated, but I didn't gasp for air.  I easily handled it (but I need to do more kegels-lol!  All that jumping...) and I felt good afterwards.

A breakthrough.

Other highlights today?  Bowenwork works for me.  I have the best girlfriends on the planet, willing to talk me off the limbs I keep testing.

You all know why I love you so much ❤️ 

Other exciting news?  Javelina Leap's Chenin Blanc is delightful with smoky grilled pork chops and asparagus roasted in cumin oil.

Interesting how a good workout makes for a good day overall.

Well, right until I had to post these.

Same pants and location; pitching those gray yoga pants tomorrow.  

Hmmm... I was wrong again.  You can see a better difference.

Will wonders ever cease?

Yep, it's been a pretty good day.






No comments:

Post a Comment