Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Top Gun Day 2015

I am beside myself.  Top Gun Day?  How had I not heard of this before?

My excuse monster!

I was so excited, I changed my clothes and earrings.

The F-4U Corsair earrings are the finishing touch, don't you think?

As a happy coincidence, I had already planned to hike Constellation trail with Chris.  It being named after a plane just rocked.

I even found aviators.

We live here!!

The entire day (which started off painfully, I woke up with an eye ulcer) has taken on a joyous tone.

How could it not?

Hiking with Chris was fun-I made him do all the typical spot photography.  You know, for comparison purposes.

I cannot believe I've been at this three full months now.

Of course, when I get home, I find this picture, too:

Because whatever are friends for, right?

So we have a great time hiking, and as we come to trail's end we meet a man wearing nothing but shorts, heading out on the trail.

Only in Arizona are they this hardcore.

Yep.  Arizona.

 Did I mention it's Top Gun Day?!

Little date tonight-it's all about the nuclear bombing of Japan in WWII.  As Lad and I are scholars of WWII, we were greatly looking forward to it.

But first, let me take a selfie.

Indian food!!!  Loving Taj Mahal.

Thankfully, the lecture took on revisionist history with verified facts, and my son didn't mind my sweatshirt.  In fact, we spent most of the evening talking about F-14 Tomcats and gleefully told everyone who's listen it was Top Gun Day.

All day, my eye has felt like it's had a needle sticking out of it (eye ulcer's suck.). My hand is extra ouchie, the pinched nerve is tweaking.  Yet my attention wasn't on me, and how I felt.  My attention was on others, and on the silliest of things.  Not only did it make the day bearable, it made it most enjoyable.

The amazing things you learn on a quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment