Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tremors

I slept in today; if you count waking every thirty minutes with tremors as sleeping.

Night tremors were a regular part of my life after the concussion; as I began hiking I noticed they subsided and went away.  With the diminishment of hard hikes due to my broken hand, I notice they've increased as of late.

Especially in the last week.

I need a hard hike.

A freaking can't go another step hike.

I want my poles in my hands, my boots on my feet and be in the middle of nowhere.  God and I frequently chat during those times (well, argue, if you must know) and I'm missing that.

My favorite place of worship.

Today, I'll do a three-song workout (really, I will) and sort through clothes.  A wedding of two dear friends is later this afternoon; I am guaranteed a dance or two with the King at the reception.

"Shut Up & Dance" starts my three-song work out; it's utterly ridiculous and most awesome all at once.

My feet are pretty sore from the boots yesterday, as are my ribs...who knew?

Being sore, however, I don't want to do a three song workout today.  I tried to share this with the King.  He responded I was looking for an excuse to quit.

Really?

I'm tired.  My left shoulder aches from being the dominant driving arm.  My feet hurt.  My ribs hurt.  All I wanted was a smile, perhaps a quick kiss to the forehead and a word of encouragement. 

"You've got this."

Not a lecture, and especially not the gross assumption that I want to quit.

This is why 80% of America doesn't exercise, because the moment we struggle, we are given two choices:  just do it or quit.

What I think needs to be my mantra.

Monday I start CrossFit Prescott three times a week for at least two months.  Last week I did a daily workout nearly everyday.  So I struggle today and suddenly I want to quit?

Ever tried.

Ever failed.

No matter.  Try again.

Fail again.

Fail better.

Excuse me.  I need to go "Shut up & Dance."

Epilogue:  completed the three-song workout in four songs, dripping in sweat, unable to breathe.  Hard, horrid and I do not regret it.  I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment