Friday, May 29, 2015

Steampunked & The Viking

It was an epic day.

Shawna was a Viking, I was just Steampunked.

I only slept three hours, having been up until 2am getting ready for today.  The sun rose at 5am, and by 5:30 I was up, working to take apart the clock with the one pair of pliers I had thrown in my box of steampunk paraphernalia.

I even laced my own corset, and made a bolt tiara.

Shawna arrived, and we decked her out as a Viking.

She even made herself a purse!

We headed over to Phoenix ComiCon and I learned why Victorians didn't invent the automobile.  It's near impossible to drive in a tightly laced corset.

And fishnets proved to be very hot, despite the holes.

We immediately made new friends upon our arrival...
Hammerhead?  Am I remembering his name right?

See?  We really went there.

I ran into two issues right away:  my laces were too tight when I sat down, and fishnets make the bottom of your foot hurt.

SHAWNA!  Would you please loosen my stays?!?!

One also cannot slouch in a corset.

Or breathe.

BUT...

You do attract attention. 

By the end of the afternoon, we were exhausted.
Abbie had to pull off my boots.

I decided this was all exercise, since both my feet and my ribs hurt.  We changed, and we went filtered to Chick-Fil-A.

We look awesome.

Shawna asked for extra Chick-Fil-A sauce.

And discovered the epic Frozen Lemonade.

Overall, right until this second, it's been a spectacular day:)



No comments:

Post a Comment