Friday, May 22, 2015

Easy Button? Wrong!

You know how people share ridiculous memes for exercise?  I saw one today that intrigued me:

Morning workout!  Get'er done!!

So some radio host out there "Did this this morning!  It was great!" Back in 2014, and it's been shared 24,765 times.  I figure 24,765 people can't be wrong, and those people on the radio are such good, honest, hardworking, fitness-focused folks, right?

Let's just say I know people on the radio and really should have known better:)

Anyhow, I get out of bed and grab a cup of coffee, slug it down and pick out some tunes.  The dogs are excited to see me doing jumping jacks to my favorite song, and ram into my legs several times as they run back and forth.  I get to 80 not quite out of breath, thinking this isn't too bad.  Now sit-ups.

The dogs think I'm on the ground to play, and I have to push the puppy, Giup, away.  With the broken hand I can't hold my hands behind my head, so I modify to the butterfly leg sit-ups I do at CrossFit Prescott.

40 is a lot of sit-ups.

Just FYI.

I can't do push-ups with a broken hand, so I switch them to side-tap planks.  A full 20, one tap per side equalling one.  It's getting tougher to finish the set.

My workout partner.  Never left my side.

Squats.  I rock these...but my knees are getting a little jello like.

Not strawberry, either.

Lunges...I've always hated lunges...

Almost as much as Indy hates snakes.

Finally, the wall sit.  This can't be that hard, right?

Pretty certain this guy looks happier than I did!

I collapsed on the floor, my quads screaming in pain.

But I did my workout for the day!  In just five songs, wearing nothing but a tshirt and underwear!

No picture of that!  Move along, move along.

Sweat soaked, I looked at the clock.  15 minutes.  Not a bad way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment