Sunday, May 31, 2015

A new quest: CrossFit Prescott

Last weekend, I talked about shooting, shopping and sex as exercise.

And that was before I bought the corset:)

My workouts last week included two minor hikes and four morning three-song workouts as my hand continued to heal.  It's been five weeks, and I can safely say it's not gonna be done cooking at week six.

Yep, it still hurts.  I say "ow!" at least once a day.

My Fitness Quest, and my health (see blog "tremors") have taken a hit with the break; I need to get back into the action.

Enter this man, aka The Professor.

Joey Powell, owner & trainer at CrossFit Prescott, figured out how I could do weighted squats with a newly broken hand three weeks ago.  I was so impressed I begged the King to get me a membership for my healing phase-and for our son to join us.

He's pumping gas.

Lad and I enjoy time together; we have had regular "little dates" for ten years (since he was four!). Typically we study aviation history together (I'm bringing him up right.) I'm missing lifting, and he wants to learn-perfect fit.

With my hand not quite healed, I totally trust Joey to get me back in shape and protect my hand.  Thus, the next two months of the Quest I will only be at CrossFit Prescott and hiking:)

Oh, I won't like it when I'm there.  But as Troy says, I won't regret it.

Now if I can just drop these last ten pounds at the same time....

No comments:

Post a Comment